Life in degrees is a personal poetry and occasional short story blog .
Life is seen in many different ways or degrees and with the help of poetry, stories, music and art we may view it from many perspectives.
Poetry is medication for the soul

All contributions and comments will be welcomed Kez


All material on this site is copyright so please ask for permission for use.

Life In degrees ,Poetry and Stories for a different slant on Life

Below Are some Links Of other sites you may be interested in. ( more to be added )


Tuesday 28 August 2012

Seedling

Seedling 

There was a germ in my head, 
As I drifted to sleep, snuggled in my bed, 
A seed of an idea! 
Just a morsel, a thought, a nibble to inspire, 
Rhymes of times gone past 
A masterpiece that would last, 
In the minds of some, 
Something remembered for years to come, 
Contented sleep replaced my aspirations, 
A worm had infested and zapped my imagination, 
The seed consumed, macerated, banished 
Ideas empty, mental thoughts lacking, vanished !
So 
The paper stays dead !
All thoughts locked somewhere in my head, 
Deep, Deep down that seed is somewhere,
 It's survived !
Till then I stare at this blank space until I can rediscover it, 
Bring this blank dead paper some substance 
Bring it alive ! 

Moss Steet Art by Anna Garforth


More Art By Anna Garforth



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, if you like what you see join me on Poetry Pals