Life in degrees is a personal poetry and occasional short story blog .
Life is seen in many different ways or degrees and with the help of poetry, stories, music and art we may view it from many perspectives.
Poetry is medication for the soul

All contributions and comments will be welcomed Kez


All material on this site is copyright so please ask for permission for use.

Life In degrees ,Poetry and Stories for a different slant on Life

Below Are some Links Of other sites you may be interested in. ( more to be added )


Friday 7 October 2011

A Scream In The Night

                   Scream In The Night 

scared catAs I lay with the light shining eerily off the moon,
I slept soundly, morning always came way too soon !
When suddenly, a wild piercing blood curdling scream
Startled me to a jolt from my world of dreams,
I sat bolt upright,chilled to the bone,
Something not human. possessed my home, 
Banging and thumping I could hear from afar, 
The moon light skipped in through my door ajar,
Gingerly, half asleep, I stumbled out of my bed, 
To face the confusion that was causing me dread ! 
The screaming bounced around, resonating off every wall,
I tiptoed as quiet as I could, heart beating into the hall,
The banging and screaming multiplied and amplified,
My beating heart and thumping fear became louder, fortified,
scared catThe source of the hullabaloo became clearer and clearer,
I edged up closer and closer getting nearer and nearer 
To the terrific noise, the source which was now hardcore !
As I felt along the wall with fingertips to the mouth of the door,
Entering I came face to face with a pink coloured tangle,
                            
                            
Goo Oozing out of a face that seemed mangled,

A monster possessed just wanting to fight, 
I'd completely forgot that tonight was that night
I promised, I'd take to it like a duck to water, 
A night I could look after my god-daughter 
A cuddle and coo to this little angel ensued
For if her mummy and daddy knew this story,
I would be totally screwed !!!!



 Submitted to the: The Purple Treehouse

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the laugh my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny write!

    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/10/07/somethin-bout-a-glitch/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so good I laughed so hard thanks for sharing
    http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/08/22/octopus%e2%80%99s-garden-in-the-shade/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun and suspense till the very end. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was amazing, the cadence and flow of the whole piece was just fun to read! And the rhyming, well, I'm no good at poetry in general so I'm impressed you do rhyming so well.
    Great twist too, having the crying baby instead of a more seasonal monster. This is a really fun site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice write. Love the metaphorical weave, fun read, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha loved it...fun write...creative...oh i am glad we are out of those days...the real scare is in the diaper...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope, I really don't think they would have cared! they got a night off! What more could they ask for? They didn't hear the howls & that is a pretty sweet sound -silence. :)

    Fun post Kez. Hope you survive the nightmare to cuddle again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for sharing the fun over at BlissHabits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, if you like what you see join me on Poetry Pals